Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More Modernism


In the second part of the book that we read we were taught more about modernism. One of the things that jumped out to me was the influence of primitivism. This was using African masks and other sorts of tribal things in art works. This is very modern because it is something outside of most of the people's daily lives who were using them. They were a way to show meaning without people having to draw too much of their own outside information to understand. One of the things I also liked about this was that they referenced the book Heart of Darkness, which is something that I would really like to read. I had never thought about it as a modern book so it was neat to see that in there and it has further driven my desire to read that book. Maybe that will be what I do after we read Modernism.

No comments:

Post a Comment