Thursday, March 12, 2009

Post-Modernism Post-modernly


We got our first book yesterday and it is called Post-Modernism: A graphic guide to cutting edge thinking. We did some previewing of the book last night and I discovered that this book is not like any book I have ever read before. First of all it is about post-modernism, a subject I have never read about before, and secondly it is a graphic novel. It is really neat that it is a graphic novel because I have never been taught a graphic novel before. I imagine that it is going to be an interesting read and an interesting way to have class. On thumbing through the book I saw that it is pretty much a series of images and some text. On a particular page that I randomly turned to (p. 142) there is a scene about karaoke and its origins. The pictures were silly and the words were big and I was amused. Then on the next page it starts talking about serial killings, which doesnt seem to have anything to do with karaoke but apparently does. I get the feeling that reading this book is going to be insanely interesting and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment